MONDAY - WEDNESDAY, October 27th - 29th
George has the day off again on Monday. This time it's for Deepavali, the festival of lights, the Indian equivalent of Christmas, or so we're told. I'm so excited for this one. We've been invited by Rada, the security guard, to her house and there are supposed to be all sorts of lights and happenings in Little India for us to check out.
But first we go for a dip in the pool on the roof.
We foolishly teach Regin to leap into our arms in the water. Before we know it, he's going to parts of the pool where we aren't standing and throwing himself in almost before we can get there!
Cute. But bad idea.
Sadly, George didn't find out what time we're supposed to go to Rada's, and I can't seem to reach her by phone. We go for a drive through Little India, but it's a ghost town. Most of the festival lights aren't even lit.
Public events ended two days ago. Everyone is at home with family. Sad. Another missed event. You know, one thing about being here... I feel pressured (self-induced) to experience all of the cultural events, and there are so many (and our time here so short). It makes for added stress which I so don't need. I am going to really miss all the spectacular events when we leave here, but it'll be nice to relax at home, in boring old Thornton, without feeling like I should be going somewhere or like I'm constantly missing out on something.
This is cool... dinner in the street:
On Wednesday, someone at work gives George the North edition of the Star newspaper. George is on the cover! They tease George. "What, you're hear for less than a year and you're already on the cover of the newspaper?"
I'm less significant, so my photo doesn't make the cover.
That's me, bottom right.
We're also in a Chinese paper.
What's Up With Elisabeth & George
Welcome to our family blog!
For how we're doing right now, please see "How we're doing right now" on the right side of the page. For the details of our life, daily stories, and lots of photos, see our posts below. And please comment! It helps us feel loved!
P.S. You DON'T need to have a blogger account to comment!!!!
For how we're doing right now, please see "How we're doing right now" on the right side of the page. For the details of our life, daily stories, and lots of photos, see our posts below. And please comment! It helps us feel loved!
P.S. You DON'T need to have a blogger account to comment!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














2 comments:
Wow! you're famous! :) Congratulations! You look great, and Regin is cute as ever.
Thanks. Yeah I'm an evil mother because I neglected to mention that Regin is also pictured on the front page! :P
Post a Comment