What's Up With Elisabeth & George

Welcome to our family blog!

For how we're doing right now, please see "How we're doing right now" on the right side of the page. For the details of our life, daily stories, and lots of photos, see our posts below. And please comment! It helps us feel loved!

P.S. You DON'T need to have a blogger account to comment!!!!

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Penang -- Week 22 -- Not His Fault This Time

Week 22
WEEKEND, August 9th - 11th
Babywearing group again.  I finally did a good job of managing my hypoglycemia during the afternoon so I had a FANTASTIC time.  Plus, I made a new friend and we might hang out outside of the group.  Her name is Shereen.  She is Malay/muslim and she has a son who is about Regin's age.  Goodness, her son is a funny kid!  He has some intimidating eyes man!  He was after my almonds at one point and he was seriously staring me down!  
Shereen and I talked a long time at the group.  Mostly about hypoglycemia.  After talking with me she thinks there is a strong possibility she has it too.  I think so too.  She may even have a more severe case than me by the sounds of it.  Poor girl.  I'm passing on all my info to her, but I only hope her doctors don't dismiss it.  That's my fear whenever I hear that someone is going to investigate the possibility that they have it.
After that, we're driving around and I'm practicing some more taking pictures with that 50mm focal length as George is driving, and then just as we turn into our street, we're hit by another car on the driver's (and Regin's) side of the car!  Finally (as if such a thing could really be a relief) an accident that is not George's fault.  We're so close to home that Regin and I don't stick around for the rental car company to arrive and sort it all out.  But George tells me that basically some money was exchanged to avoid the obligatory trip to the police station.

I'm going to go back and take some serious photos of this building.  It has trees growing out of the second/third floor!
Here umbrellas are used just as much, if not more, to shield from the sun as from the rain.  Many people have special sun umbrellas that have a metallic silver coating on top to reflect the light off of the umbrella.  I haven't tried it to see how much difference it makes, but it looks fun.
Post accident.  George and the guilty driver.

No comments: