I stumbled upon the "boyfriend jean" concept a couple of days ago. Just when I was excited that I could fit reasonably well into pseudo skinny jeans, apparently they're out and voluminous pants are in. Pshhh. It'll take a couple of years for that to hit the mainstream, so I think I can get away with my pseudo-skinnies I bought a few weeks ago. Anyway, upon first glance I thought the boyfriend jean was hideous. Then I saw that sometimes it was tolerable and sometimes hideous. I joked with George that evening that it was only a matter of time before I thought it was totally hot. So yesterday I decided, if I am going to eventually love it anyway, why not embrace it now? I raided George's closet and modeled my new look after this photo. What do you think?
I think I need a more stylish 'do to really pull off the look.
I think the best version of the look is this photo. Ahh Katie Holmes, how did you become such a style goddess? I think I will build a shrine to you and give you daily offerings so that you may bestow upon me some of your sublime stylishness. Or maybe if you could just lend me your stylist for a couple of days, that would work too.
Today I'm in my skinnies. They don't look as skinny in the photos. And remember the formula: camera = you + 10lbs.
I'm such a ham when I have an audience that thinks I'm funny (Regin).
He wanted in on the fashion shoot too.
P.S. Pretending you have a fashion blog is one of the many ways you can entertain yourself when you're home alone with a toddler all day.
What's Up With Elisabeth & George
Welcome to our family blog!
For how we're doing right now, please see "How we're doing right now" on the right side of the page. For the details of our life, daily stories, and lots of photos, see our posts below. And please comment! It helps us feel loved!
P.S. You DON'T need to have a blogger account to comment!!!!
For how we're doing right now, please see "How we're doing right now" on the right side of the page. For the details of our life, daily stories, and lots of photos, see our posts below. And please comment! It helps us feel loved!
P.S. You DON'T need to have a blogger account to comment!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
I MUCH prefer the skinny jeans! (I got a bit over excited in H&M the other week and bought some purple skinny jeans....)
ooooh purple skinnies! Although, the color for fall is bright blue. Blue would be sweet. Wish we had H&M here.
Of my photos, I think I prefer the skinnies for sure (although it's not a fair competition, I haven't fully mastered the baggies yet, and I had a little more fun with the photo for the skinnies) but in that one photo of Katie Holmes I think the boyfriend jean is a lot more fashion forward.
Also I should note that the skinny isn't really out yet. Lots of designers have skinnies in their runway shows for fall. But those baggies definitely have a major presence!
ooooh purple skinnies! Although, the color for fall is bright blue. Blue would be sweet. Wish we had H&M here.
Of my photos, I think I prefer the skinnies for sure (although it's not a fair competition, I haven't fully mastered the baggies yet, and I had a little more fun with the photo for the skinnies) but in that one photo of Katie Holmes I think the boyfriend jean is a lot more fashion forward.
Also I should note that the skinny isn't really out yet. Lots of designers have skinnies in their runway shows for fall. But those baggies definitely have a major presence!
(I knew a H&M comment would get your attention...!)
hmmm...bright blue would definitely work! Shops are full of purple over here at the moment though (obviously), although maybe thats just a late summer solour rather than fall/autumn - although that is also wishful thinking that there is any summer left....
Can't say i'm loving the "bicycle clip" look that Katie was sporting - I've seen a few guys (literally blokes though) tucking their trouser ankles in like that and I just don't get it. That and I'm jealous because I can't pull off baggy jeans without actually looking like a boy!
So when are you going to set up the fashion blog then?!
Ahhh That would be fun. And I'm totally jealous of all the fashion bloggers who get to go to all sorts of fabulous fashion events. And some of these blogs aren't even that great. (Though for some reason I have yet to remove them from my Google Reader subscriptions).
But I don't think I could manage yet another blog. Maybe I will just sneak in more fashion posts on here. ;)
Post a Comment