WEDNESDAY - THURSDAY, July 23-24
Shanti is bugging me. She wants more hours/money. She's constantly dropping hints about her reduced employment (some of her other employers' contracts in Penang are over and they've gone back to their home countries). She also mentions, every single time she comes now, that there is "so much hair" on the floor when she is sweeping. "Yes, I know," I tell her and I once again confirm that it's all mine. Get over it! Mention it one more time and I am going to start looking up illnesses that cause dramatic hair loss on the internet since my maid clearly thinks it's abnormal.
I'm somewhat grouchy. I'm sick. After taking care of my men, who are still sniffling on occasion, I'm now struck with the terrible sore throat and fatigue. I want my echinacea darn it! I want family and friends nearby that I can dump a toddler on so I can go to bed!
Guess what? The sofa saga may or may not be concluded! Yes, they came and took sofas again to repair tufting and clean dirty spots, and they have delivered. I've also released back the spare sofas that we've been holding hostage. Only thing: I think this one they delivered is yet another new sofa (not our same repaired one) that they knocked off in a couple days, and there are spots where there really isn't much padding. George is concerned that the fabric will tear. I am also noticing that the feet weren't put in straight again and the legs look like may give way and damage the structure of the sofa again. Will it ever end? I just want a sofa I can sit on and not have to worry about it falling on Regin's toes when I sit down. I think at this point I don't even care about inconsistent tufting and dirty fingerprints. Just give me a safe sofa!
Lesson learned I guess, huh?
One happy thing: we have switched to a different internet service and so far it seems to be better. Slow, but better. Yay! Webcam anyone?
Random photos:
Regin likes to put on Mamma's "shoe" and walk around.



No comments:
Post a Comment