We went for a walk today with Papi & Bongo to the park before Papi left for work.
To think, it's already been two months since this little man entered our lives. Here he is, a teeny fella, at three days old & sleeping on Papi's chest:

He's growing so fast! He's two months old and I have already put most of his current size of clothes away. Luckily I have a few items in the next size or he'd be naked all the time! So, if you're wondering, he's wearing size 3-6 months right now. He also has a couple of 6-9 month size items that are working well. And just today I notice that he's no longer fitting a bunch of diapers & diaper covers. Amazing how that can literally change overnight.
_________________________________________________
Cell Phone Gallery
Every once in a while I take pictures using my cell phone. Here are some recent ones of my boy:
Has anyone ever seen the movie Mac & Me?? Sometimes, every once in a while, I think Regin looks like the alien in that movie. With his big round head, and when he purses his lips real tight and opens his eyes wide. See what I mean -->
Am I way off here?
_________________________________________________
We be Webcamming!

Ok, so we're a little late on this band wagon, but we've finally jumped on. We have a webcam! We've used it to chat with George's fam in Florida, my parents in Walsenburg (CO) and Katrin & Annika in Idaho. And I can't believe it took us so long to catch on to how awesome it is! Well, we'd love to be in touch with all of our long-distance family & friends so if you have a webcam, email us and set up a time so we can chat! This is going to be especially important because we're looking at possibly moving to PENANG within the year!!!!!! (With G's company). We'll possibly/more than likely be living there for a year, maybe more starting sometime between Dec & April. Can you believe it???? Anyway, we'll be looking to keep in touch with everyone any way we can, but it would be great to do video chats with you all.
_________________________________________________
A Visit From Tía Monica
So my friend Monica is staying with us now while she is in town on business. It's been fun to see her, but I think she & Regin are having the real fun together. She seems totally smitten and he definitely has a crush! He smiled the first time she held him. awwwwww...
_________________________________________________
10MPH Release Party
So, the release party on Friday was fun. Got to see filmmakers Hunter & Josh again. They are up to their necks on their current project, 10 yards. I'm not involved in that one yet, but I might become involved. We'll see. They are very nearly at the end, so maybe not. Got a few copies of the 10MPH DVD. Watched it again (& with commentary). Was fun. Haven't watched it in like a year! And it's still exciting to see my parts on there. If you see it, I edited the scenes with the kidney stone, the potter, and the mural artists. Yay me! I edited one other scene that didn't make the final cut, but I got the most scenes in out of all three assistant editors! You have to see it. Rent it on Netflix or...

_________________________________________________
Spring/Summer Gardening Begins!
I believe fully in getting the most of my plants. So when they seed themselves, even if it is somewhere inconvenient, I think, yay, freebies! Here we have a bunch of violets that seeded themselves in our gravel around the bases of the planters they were in last year!
Some of our edibles. Here we have lettuce, tomatoes, herbs, and raspberries -- all freebies from last year's plants! (Well, the raspberry is actually a perennial, but it seeded itself like mad too.)
Lettuce Anyone???
Here you can see, our lettuce seeded itself so much that it filled a raised bed, and scattered itself in the surrounding gravel and even in a tiny, unwatered planter! I have been digging up some of these plants. I have already given 6 away, let me know if you want one, or if you just want to come over and harvest some free lettuce, that works too.
They're growing everywhere! Also, see those itty bitty plants near the lettuce? Those are echinacea that have grown from seeds. The plant on the left is echinacea, and a couple years ago I took the seed heads at the end of the year and scattered the seeds EVERYWHERE. Nothing happened. Now, with this year's amazing precip (including months of snow cover) suddenly echinacea is sprouting everywhere. Hundreds of them. Also, a long forgotten peony that had 'died' years ago has sprung to life. I never thought the plant even took. It seemed to have died right away after I planted it a few years back. I guess it just needed a little extra H2O!
So I am propagating all the plants I can. So if you want some raspberry, tomato, lettuce, echinacea, etc.. let me know. I have some ready to go.
My planting workspace... Regin sleeps nearby in his little baby shade tent. Man, that's only a week and a half ago, and he no longer fits those clothes. What a big boy!
On the left, more freebies. An aspen shooter from a neighbor's tree with hundreds of echinacea at its base. Just out of frame is mint growing rampant. On the right, our own mature aspens, growing tall.
Loving how lush the yard is this year. Definitely going to finally finish that patio and finally have a back yard BBQ to christen it.
Back to the full blog...














3 comments:
Hi Elisabeth - great to see that everything is growing so well in your house!!
Regin looks adorable, if only I could just pop over to see him...
Penang then? wow, that will be amazing! I haven't actually been there, but have been to other parts of Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur) and bits of Thailand and they are such great places. Will try my hardest to come and visit you while your there!!
Oh Elisabeth he is beautiful!! Pierce was really big too - he never even wore the new born clothes; they were just too small. I think Emma is the same way.
I like a big baby though - they seem less "scary" in the beginning, if that makes any sense.
Malaysia! That would be amazing. I bet you would love it.
xxoo
Colleen
Thanks! I think he's pretty cute too. To clarify, I think he's actually average compared to the usual growth charts. It's just with the cloth diapers we have to jump a size up a bit earlier. Actually if you're shopping at Target, he no longer fits size 3 months. :( I just bought a bunch of clothes at that size and washed them. But if you read the label it says 8.5 - 12 lbs. THAT'S THE EXACT SAME AS NEWBORN!!! And they have that as a separate size. What's up with that??? Ugh.
Malaysia -- nothing is for sure yet. I'm not sure it's officially been offered to him yet, and we haven't accepted. It's been nice to fantasize about such an adventure, but now we have to consider the reality. I mean just the vaccines for Regin alone concern me a bit. So we have to investigate it all a bit further. But there is a strong chance that we're going!!!
Post a Comment