It didn't work out for me to bring our image drive home with us, so I can't do the now traditional photo post for the current round of birthdays. So I hope it suffices for me to simply wish a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Pierre, Reem, Evelyn, Kerry, Hans David, and my dad! Daddy & Reem, I hope you both have a very special day today!!! Sorry some of those other wishes are so late!
Late.... speaking of late.
It's 6:45am. I've been up since 5. A huge improvement on yesterday when I was up at 3. I'm struggling to stay up past 7pm these days. The adjustment to local time is HARD. I think I would have made the switch in a day or two, and I almost did, but then there is the toddler who has no idea of what day or time it is anymore who keeps dragging me back into his world of mixed up sleep. I guess I have to give it TIME.
It's good to be back. I do miss some things from Penang already. We had a great time in Walsenburg with the fam. Now that I'm in the Denver metro, I can't wait to get all my girls together for a ladies lunch. I've missed those so much! But it will probably have to wait. George is back to Penang on Sunday, and I'm back to my parents' until he returns. But all will be returned to 'normal' very soon.
We took a peek at the house yesterday. Everything looked fine. The house looks fine. I felt the excited butterflies in my stomach at the prospect of another move and reinvention. The only problem: the back yard is a DISASTER. HUGE TALL WEEDS have taken over. How have we not had complaints from the Home Owners Association?
We also saw Teddi, Keith, baby Lyric, and Nyree yesterday. How nice! So great to reconnect with you all and it's like we got back to our friendships without missing a beat. Little Lyric has grown so much. I look forward to pressuring her and Regin into a life-long friendship. Ha! Today we're seeing Monica, Eduardo, & Stacey if it all works out. And hopefully we'll actually get to our laundry and errands. Still no plans for tonight though.
Ok, well, off to start that laundry right now. I'm at my sister's house in Golden. It's almost 7. Maybe it's late enough to open the garage door so I can go get my laundry from the car (we thought we were going to go to a laundromat yesterday.) Hopefully it won't be too much longer before the rest of the house starts to wake up and I can enjoy another lazy morning with JoAnn and family.
LOVE TO ALL!
TTFN
What's Up With Elisabeth & George
Welcome to our family blog!
For how we're doing right now, please see "How we're doing right now" on the right side of the page. For the details of our life, daily stories, and lots of photos, see our posts below. And please comment! It helps us feel loved!
P.S. You DON'T need to have a blogger account to comment!!!!
For how we're doing right now, please see "How we're doing right now" on the right side of the page. For the details of our life, daily stories, and lots of photos, see our posts below. And please comment! It helps us feel loved!
P.S. You DON'T need to have a blogger account to comment!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment