What's Up With Elisabeth & George

Welcome to our family blog!

For how we're doing right now, please see "How we're doing right now" on the right side of the page. For the details of our life, daily stories, and lots of photos, see our posts below. And please comment! It helps us feel loved!

P.S. You DON'T need to have a blogger account to comment!!!!

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Separating Post Topics

I've decided to keep things a bit tidier around here, so I'm going to start posting different topics in separate posts. That'll clean things up for the labels and all. For those of you with RSS readers, this won't make much of a difference, you should still be notified of all my new posts. For those of you who subscribe to my RSS in other ways, or who actually come here to the blog regularly to see if I've posted something new, you will need to keep in mind that I may do several new posts at a time now.

Also, for those of you in that second group, the ones who don't use an RSS reader, consider using Google Reader. It's so nice. I never have to check all my feeds to see which ones have updated anymore. I used to use live bookmarks with Firefox, but this is so much better. I have to say, it stinks for the feeds that I don't want to keep totally up with, e.g. news feeds, or high volume feeds like digg. For those, I want to just go and look every once in a while. Google reader tells me every time there is a new post among my subscriptions, so for those ones I only read every once in a while, it doesn't make sense. But for the rest of them? It is AWESOME!

There are a couple of downsides: I don't see the design/layout of the blog I'm reading, I sometimes only get snippets of posts and then have to go to the actual blog to read the rest, I don't get to see any comments unless I actually go to the blog itself. But otherwise, it's really awesome, and I highly recommend using it if you aren't already set up with another reader.

No comments: